Bobs Minute Maid ready to beat the boys? This question may be answered with a resounding ‘yes’ this week. In race three of a fourteen race card at Balmoral Park, Bobs Minute Maid takes on five male challengers in a Free For All stakes race with a purse of $18,000.
It will not be easy though, as her regular pilot and trainer has two enties as a trainer in this contest and pilots the two Bonn Scott instead of his prized mare. Bob Minute Maid has looked spectacular the past two weeks, both easy wins in Filly and Mare stakes competition, but this week she takes on the best. Todd Warren takes the place of Mike Oosting in the bike on Bobs Minute Maid and she could get the lead and never look back. $50 to win on Bobs Minute Maid.
In race eight on the card, there are seven pacers going to post with their eyes on the big share of the $6,000 purse. The morning line favorite is the seven, Thereplayinoursong, who didn’t look to good last week and the post here doesn’t necessarily get me excited either, I’ll look elsewhere. The four, Four Starzzz EC broke before the start last week but was claimed and moved up? A flat trip here may get it done at a big price. Wake Up Mike is another with speed and may not be caught if he gets loose on the lead, however, Four Starzzz EC may pace with him as well. My $50 will be on the one, Willis Place. This gelding looks ready to pop at a pretty good price, I like the draw, obviously, and the driver change, I’m thinking he can handle the recent class hike as well.
A full field of ten have drawn to compete in race eleven, a mile pace for non winners of $40k lifetime to be claimed for $12k. This one looks like there will be some value attached to it. Therefore, I will attempt for the trifecta, there is also a superfecta available. Bell Valley Banker should be a lukewarm favorite at about 5-2. After bleeding in his last attempt at Maywood looked pretty good last week at the big oval and drew better for this contest in his second start on lasix. All the Above set a new lifetime mark last week, drew bad for this one but still has to be in the fray at the end. Western Jet is another that will be looking to close with a furor, and may just steal this one. The horse I feel will win this one is the five, Joanies Irish Luck, whose won three in a row since shipping in and has done so in impressive fashion. Should be able to handle the class hike and my $1 tri box will use the four mentioned above, 3-5-6-10.
In race fourteen another full field will pace behind the gate a the likely favorite will be the two, Highland Pride. If I am in chasing position at the end of the card, which will undoubtedly be the case this evening, I will look to this twelve year old veteran to get me even. This horse has been fairly consistent of late and I can make excuses for the last two efforts, one with a amateur driver and the other just poor racing luck. The move inside will enable me to put $50 on Highland Pride to win.
With all that is going on in the world of racing right now, I would be remiss if I didn’t remind everyone to make there plans now to be at their favorite OTB on June 7. We could witness history this day so I encourage all the harness fans to get to the OTB on this day about an hour and a half before first post at the Meadowlands to view this all important race as Big Brown attempts to be the first Triple Crown winner in thirty years. Hey, throw a couple bucks on Big Brown to win, sit back and sip some cold Miller Lite and wait for the harness action, it’s the only way to HAVE FUN…GET LUCKY…WIN MONEY at OTB.
Joe Mazzone's Harness Picks
aywood Friday, June 6th
- Rah N… Breezed on the lead at a rather generous mutual. Like right back.
- Followthefella… Makes first start since January but has solid history over track.
- Bath Sheet… Staged a big rally that came up just short. Added striking range.
- Sure Dream… They’re sure to have him ready to go from the rail after some duds.
4- Artillery Man… Been knocking at the door here and finally in a spot to overtake a field.
- Easy Road Again… Third or better four of last five including a victory here. One to beat.
- Traider Raider… Tough post but showed a big move in his last. Needs fast pace.
- Royce Raider… Often close and with the right trip can upset the apple cart.
5- Vinnie’s Finance… Solid off the drop and for new driver. Hoping he’ll get overlooked.
- Artiovascular… Speed from the rail will be tough to beat off the class drop.
- Ram It In… Nice horse with very good tactical speed and he’ll need it all from here.
- Mr C’s Z Tam… Two terrific qualifiers getting ready for three-year-old bow.
2- Details Baby Boy… Been chasing a little bit better. Could be in line for a form reversal.
- MVP… Been solid since Oosting has taken over. One move horse can win.
- Encil… Two solid tries on the lead and pushed hard in both. One to catch again.
- Fox Valley Beyond… Not bad but the post is the obvious concern here. Consider.
1- Town Bullet… Up $7K in class but the rail is the equalizer for this veteran speedball.
- Capuccino Blaze… Was too far back in last and never fired. Added striking range.
- DW… Steps up off the claim and this barn has been a solid claiming team.
- Ben’s JD… Drove first-over from last and kept coming to post super win. Never better.
4- Chevie Classic Rod… Cardinal runner-up is in fine fettle and has small track experience
- Determine This… E. Miller sends two in this elim and this one owns a definite edge.
- King Of Kings… Been handled with kid gloves so far just waiting to breakout.
6- Place Of Destiny… Back on the half where he’s experienced most of his success.
- Fox Valley Target… Likely overwhelming favorite from anywhere but here.
- All My Style N… Has ducked the odds in last two posting back-to-back wins.
- Versary N… Okay third off a ground saver. Looks ready to pop here.
3- Omaha Survivor… Bounced back from a fifth place finish in Cardinal with sharp win.
- Froggy Turner… Was a big player at two and tuned up downstate prepping for this.
- Three Five Seven… Runner-up in his three-year-old debut for big money spinners.
- Choros C… Been quietly making his mark as a sophomore. Looks like a contender.
4- Corner Blitz… Was staked at two and now makes rare half mile start for new driver.
- Thisbigdogwilfight… Tons the class and needed his last start. Solid history over oval.
- Home Bed Advantage… Starting to regain his confidence. Coming off a rugged outing.
- Well To Do Guru… Photo loss off the vet’s list and now first or second in last four.
2- The Ultimateweapon… Flew late after getting shuffled back in last.ier move the key.
- Yankee Challenger… Stopped in his tracks at 3-5 odds last week. Could bounce again.
- Xerxes… Used hard in a start he could’ve used. Had a nice try here earlier.
- Buck Knife… Never in contention and this post could provide added striking range.
2- Twistan… Entered back at the same level off a claim and a win. String along.
- Western Leader… Racked up ninth win of the season and looking for more.
- Papa Deck… Likely fast pace by others could set the table for this closer.
- Winbak Hotshot… Been off form but the rail could change everything here.
3- R Sargent Pepper… Big move but no chance off a slow half. Moves in for the better.
- Fox Valley Recluse… One to beat off current form and the positive post position draw.
- Polo Star… Barn has been hot lately and expecting a big form reversal by him.
- Junk Yard Jones… Let’s toss out last few and guess he’s going to be a lot better in this spot.
3- Absolutely Ed… Last chance to redeem self coming off back-to-back flops.
- Motorboat Man… New horse on local scene could do some damage in this spot.
- Oneandonlyme… Awoke to win last on the lead and heading that way again.
- Ataboy Addison… Knocking at the door lately and the rail puts in the mix again.
PLAY OF THE NIGHT: VINNIE’S FINANCE 3rd race
EST VALUE: DETAIL’S BABY BOY 4th race
ICK 4 KEYS (4-7): 2-3-4 with 1-3-4 with 1-4 with 2-6-8
Balmoral Saturday, June 7th
7- Monte Walsh… Qualified big for winning team first time on lasix. Nod for us.
- Shadow Of Lighting… Keep waiting for this barn to cool off and they haven’t yet.
- The Black Cat… Former class has hit rock bottom. Benefits with a start under belt.
- My Casanova… Same trainer as the #5 in this race. Has some back class.
5- Sealcrest Major… Hard to ignore off the class drop and high barn win percentage.
- Red River Restless… First time in with a tag for a winning team. Fits well here.
- Rebel Gator… Tops this field as far as form goes and may rate the favoritism.
- Parker’s Pride… Stayed flat in qualifier and gets Oosting back. Can’t rule out.
3- Highland Pride A… Awoke to win last and like his chances to string a couple together.
- Time Alone… Can’t seem to break out of the shadows of the above but trying hard.
- Artistic Dreamer… Photo loss on the half off a perfect trip. Gaining confidence.
- Celebrity Best… Comes off back-to-back solid efforts at this exact level. Consider.
6- Western Reality… Tons the best on paper but lacking a killer instinct. Has all the tools.
- Sign The Prenup… Okay third in a quick mile and coming into a big race.
- Sweet As Rain… Earns a hike off a powerful victory. Can’t rule out in this spot.
- Parked Onda Street… Drops in a little bit cheaper and with the right trip can threaten.
7- Officer Joe… Set a fast pace and knuckled under late in a big try. Now drops.
- Tattlers Top Gun… Drops off the vet’s list but has a pretty good history over this oval.
- Fox Valley Bigshot… Came charging late to post a nice victory. Works a little harder here.
- Dominus N… Inside speed threat threw a nice race last week. Looks like a legit threat.
9- Thereplayinoursong… Crushed a field similar to this last week. String along.
- Willis Place… Been knocking at the door lately. Looks to turn tables on the above.
- Mr Soggy… Improving third coming out of same race as top two. Draws inside.
- Sight To Behold… Here’s the wildcard off the claim. May rally past the speed.
1- The Panefactor… Drops and draws the rail looking to end the skid. One to beat.
- Winnies Mak N… First or second in all three U.S. starts. A beaten chalk in latest.
- Umoja N… Another import starting to come into a race. Does best work from out of it.
- Kings Road… Closed from last to make the finish interesting. Needs a fast pace.
5- Rocket Dog… Not going out on too much of a limb but may offer a little more value.
- Mr Cam Man… Really fond of his chances off the claim by Blumenfeld. Good half form.
a- Joe’s Honey… Another recent claim with the ability to win outright in competitive spot.
- AC Excellent Buy… Has a real good chance to contend from this advantageous post.
2- Go Warrior Go… Like the fact he has class and a nose for the winner’s circle.
- Sailors Sky… Monster winner right back at the same exact level. One to beat.
- Aint No Hearsay… Been successful since coming onto the local scene. Best brings close.
- Midwich Hanover… His chances hinge on whether or not he can make the top here.
8-… Likely to get overlooked despite winning this last week in 1:49.4.
- Booze Cruzin… Back on the local scene coming off good third in Dan Patch stake.
- My Boy David… He’s been a frequent winner at this level and comes into this sharp.
- Fox Valley Gambler… Checks in this with over $105 K earned this year. Obvious threat.
2- Alias Smitty… Third or better in all eight starts this year and coming off huge third.
- Ulookmattvelous… Finished second over the above snapping a two-race win streak.
- Blazing Tower… High speed rates a long look especially if he’s the only speed in here.
- Parklane Art… Can toss out last couple and expect a more competitive effort.
- All The Above… Bee a solid claim for these winning connections at this level.
- Bell Valley Banker… Got back to winning last week and oozing with confidence now.
- Western Jet… Not too bad and coming off a problematic mile. Needs clear sailing.
- Dr McSteamie… Drops looking for a spark and may get it with the right trip here.
4- Falcatraz… Like his chances a lot coming off a much improved second place.
- Grand Freedom… Like him to but his problem has been consistency or lack of.
- No More Reign N… Lines up a good trip for a high percentage team. Consider.
- Look Logan… Sizzled the pace last week from a tough post and simply ran out of gas.
- Onemagicalmoment… Back on the mile where he’s more at home. Like his chances.
a- Richnwandaful… Likely favorite in this spot looking for an encore for winning barn.
- Daves Way… Has come on strong mostly by using his speed and stamina.
- Tattler’s DJ… Been leaving too and hard to leave these connections out of calculations.
Best Play: GO WARRIOR GO 9th race
est Value: ONEMAGICALMOMENT 14th race
IC 4 KEYS (8-11): 4-5 with 2-4 with 5-6-8 with 2-5-7