A Rocknroll Dance leads a field of 14 in the harness racing '67th edition of the Little Brown Jug' to be held Thursday, September 20 at the Delaware County (OH) Fairgrounds.
A Rocknroll Dance was tapped as the 2-1 favorite despite drawing the outside post #7 in the second elimination. A Rocknroll Dance winner of the $600,000 Meadowlands Pace and the $500,000 Battle of the Brandywine is trained by Jim Mulinix. The son ofhas earned $1,854,960 for the A Rocknroll Dance Stable of Wauseon, OH.
“We’ve got our work cut out for us,” noted a confident Mulinix. “My horse has a lot of power, and he can go head to head with any of those other horses. They might have to break the track record to beat him.”
The first $78,008 elimination will be highlighted by Michael’s Power and Bolt The Duer. Michael’s Power has earned over $1 million this season for Jeffrey Snyder of New York, NY. Trainer Casie Coleman has turned to the 23 year-old Scott Zeron to pilot the homebred colt by.
Bolt The Duer is coming into the Jug in fine form. The sophomore son ofswept the legs and final of the Kentucky Sires Stakes winning the $250,000 championship in 1:48.2. Bolt The Duer will be driven by Mark MacDonald, is trained by Peter Foley and owned by All Star Racing of Towaco, NJ.
A Rocknroll Dance will be challenged in the second elimination by Sweet Lou and Bettor’s Edge. Sweet Lou has earned $1,206,864 and owns a lifetime mark of 1:47.4. Sweet Lou will be sent from the rail by driver Dave Palone. Bettor’s Edge a winner of $263,164 will get the services of David Miller, who will be looking for his fourth Jug title.
The top four finishers in the eliminations will return for the $234,024 final. If a race-off is necessary, the winner will receive an additional $97,510.
1st Elimination - $78,008
1. Escape The News (Tim Tetrick - Joe Holloway) – 10-1
2. Major Bombay (Jim Morrill, Jr. – Tony Alagna) – 8-1
3. Michael’s Power (Scott Zeron - Casie Coleman) – 2-1
4. Bolt The Duer (Mark MacDonald – Peter Foley) – 5/2
5. Thinking Out Loud (Randy Waples – Robert McIntosh) – 7/2
6. One Through Ten (David Miller – Jim Arledge, Jr.) – 15-1
7. Time To Roll (Jimmy Takter – Jimmy Takter) – 6-1
2nd Elimination - $78,008
1. Sweet Lou (Dave Palone – Ron Burke) - 3-1
2. Bettor’s Edge (David Miller – Linda Toscano) – 5-1
3. Simply Business (Ron Pierce – Jimmy Takter) – 10-1
4. Carol’s Comet (Brett Miller – Ron Potter) - 12-1
5. Dapper Dude (John Campbell – Robert McIntosh) – 8-1
6. Bakin On The Beach (Tim Tetrick – Mark Harder) – 15-1
7. A Rocknroll Dance (Yannick Gingras – Jim Mulinix) – 2-1
2nd Heat - $234,024
First four finishers in the eliminations
Race-Off (if necessary) - $97,510
2011 Little Brown Jug Final