To alleviate any concerns and dispel industry rumours, HRNSW will now publish the results of post race urine samples that have been tested for the presence of Cobalt. The published information will include the date on which the sample was taken, the name of the horse, the trainer and the level of Cobalt at ug/L (micrograms per litre in urine). If an inquiry is pending the name of the horse and the date in which it was collected will not appear and the term "inquiry pending" will be displayed.
We further wish to remind trainers that you cannot administer any form of treatment or medication to a horse on the day of the race. If you are unsure as to what constitute treatment or medication you should contact HRNSW Stewards. We further refer you to Australia Harness Racing Rule 193:
193. (1) A person shall not attempt to stomach tube or stomach tube a horse nominated for a race or event within 48 hours of the commencement of the race or event.
(2) A person shall not attempt to use or use an atomiser, face mask or other device for the administration of a prohibited substance to a horse nominated for a race or event within 48 hours of the commencement of the race or event.
(3) A person shall not administer or allow or cause to be administered any medication to a horse on race day prior to such horse running in a race.
(4) Notwithstanding the provisions of sub-rule (3), a person, with the permission of the Stewards may administer or allow or cause to be administered any medication to a horse on race day prior to such horse running in a race.
(5) The Stewards shall order the withdrawal from a race any horse that has received any medication in contravention of sub-rule (3).
(6) For the purposes of this Rule, medication means any treatment with drugs or other substances.
(7) A person who fails to comply with sub rules (1), (2) or (3) is guilty of an offence.
In accordance with the AHHR, "Race day" or "day of the race" means the period commencing at midnight on the day of the race for which the horse is nominated and concluding at the time the horse is lawfully removed from the racecourse after competing in the race for which it was nominated.
To access the results please click on the hyperlink below: