Maywood Park picks for tonight March 14th. Also Joe Mazzone handicaps the Balmaoral Park meeting on Sunday 16th.
Maywood Friday, March 14th
- My Cary Grant N… Likely added striking range puts in a position to get back on track.
- Pavin Ice Cold… Solid second to a very strong front end winner in last start. Inside again.
- Entertainment… Sat a rail trip and lacked racing room in much improved effort.
- Cam’s Matte Finish… Improving third but does his best work racing inside. Tough post.
5- Dandy Candy… Coming out of tougher Balmoral races and fits well for new driver.
- Red Hot Ginger… Moved too late as the chalk. In a similar situation with better.
- Melinda’s Lady M… She’s a threat here depending on the trip. Does risk a first-over go.
- She’s Always Hot… Has some late pop and will need it all and more from way out here.
4- Avenue A… Came a callin late to defeat a field very similar to the one he faces tonight.
- Prairie Zeke… A lot better than he’s been showing lately. May go down winging here.
- Lookin Cool… Easy winner on the lead and that will be the key to another victory.
- Encil… Drops in cheap enough but it will take a well-timed move to take it all.
3- All About Power… Has a couple of wins and most recently a second in last four starts.
- Impressive Legacy… Usually on the scene late with authority. Ran into road trouble last.
- Rols Royce Mindale… Speed threat draws a good inside post but has lost winning edge.
- Sporty Wrangler… Steps up seeking fourth straight win. This field has a little more depth.
3- Western Leader… Crushed a field here last week on the lead when he was claimed.
- Paragon Of Virtue… Veteran races with an edge but may have to gut one out first-over.
- Traider Raider… A winner from the rail last week and has the speed to offset the post.
- Peaceful Man… Drops and moves in. A one-move horse and needs to time it right.
4- Guest Host… Expecting a wake-up call but this capable veteran. Best on or near the lead.
- Beach Boy Blues… Lacked a rally three-wide. Usually better than he’s been showing lately.
- Watering Cam… Drops in cheap enough but lacks any consistency. Expect improvement.
- Legendary Stopper… Staged a mild rally from a tough spot. Added striking range.
1- OG’s Bowchitski P… Has a breaking problem but also has a ton of ability. Had a big Q.
- Ben’s JD… Been competitive against a lot tougher co. in Crete. Draws inside post.
- Modernmajorgeneral… Starting to gain some confidence and in line for a good trip.
- Robin Of Locksley… Best on or near the lead and haven’t seen that yet from this veteran.
7- Cappucino Blaze… Can motor in the late going but needs well-timed move for new driver.
- Four Starzzz Fella… Likely favorite off strength of record. Bee battling hard in defeat.
- Only Choice… Should get a lot of play off the big drop and with the rail draw. Barn is hot.
- Ranking Officer… Steps up off a claim and most likely needed last start. In the hunt.
6- Booze Cruzin… Makes 4-year-old debut coming off championship soph season.
- Buster B Skipalong… Has the speed and the ability to upset this field off the rail.
- Bobs Minute Maid… Won this race convincingly two starts ago. Razor sharp mare.
- Prince Vince… He fits but can be a little moody as far as consistency lately.
1- Allamerican Raider… All systems go tonight by dropping and drawing the rail.
- Mr Soggy… Gutted out a win here last week but win need an easier trip to repeat.
- Rio’s Z Tam… Makes debut tonight for these connections off a claim. In tougher.
- Indian Territory… Last was a dud but this veteran can wear a field like this down.
4- La Cabana… Looks like one of the more solid plays on tonight’s card. Game in defeat.
- Son Of A Wish… Third or better in five of last six with only dud coming from tough post.
- Eden Runner… Showed speed in lasix debut and now tighter with a start under his belt.
- Letmebetheone… Can turn it on late. Needs a well-timed move to trip these up.
3- Joliet Jean… Went first-over on the bigger track and didn’t like it. Better fit over here.
- Martz Creek Danty… Won three of last four and looking for more off the rail. One to beat.
- Nuke’s Classic… Solid form and first time inside in a long time. Looks dangerous.
- Sand Happy Life… Veteran still has some good miles left in her. Can’t rule out.
7- MVP… Tough post but lacked room in last with some pace. New driver tonight.
- Rich Cat… Likely favorite again but showed us last week he’s not invincible.
- Oceans Dream… First inside post in a long time and that was when he was going well.
- Smoke N Nuke… Sure fits coming off consecutive runner’s-up scores. Needs a trip.
PLAY OF THE NIGHT: MVP 13th race
EST VALUE: GUEST HOST 6th race
ICK 4 KEYS (4-7): 2-3-5 with 3-4-8 with 1-5-7 with 1-2
Balmoral Saturday, March 15th
4- Lotta Viking… Invader fits off a solid barn change angle. Won last on slow half miler.
- Richnwandaful… Has come into his own winning last two and favorite to win another.
- Bolero Artifice… Broke with the lead late in the race on the half. Drops and back on mile.
- Ally’s Raider… Qualified well after a long layoff and fits from the rail tonight at price.
3- Captain rat… Solid third in a quick mile here and should find these to liking.
- Saucy Brown… One-upped the above coming out of the same race and in line for trip.
- Wands Banjo… Set a fast pace and tired coming out of the same strong race. In the hunt.
- Kinsel… Won going away at an overlay and earns the class hike to take on other winners.
4- Luckability… Shoots for his third straight win at a level slightly higher than he has been at.
- Imperieux A… Held safe at a good price from that post on the half. Took mark here earlier.
- JDs Personalstatis… Claimed in three straight starts and comes off the half in rare form.
- Cole Gram… Looks to make a $12K class hike coming off a convincing win. In the hunt.
1- Time Alone… Claimed by a winning barn and draws the rail on his favorite track.
- Highland Pride A… Bucks the 10-hole tonight and should see an earlier move from him.
- Sugar Bear… Had too much ground to make up following a sharp win. Fits well again.
- Master Garrett… He’s barn part of this barn’s recent resurgence and can’t be ignored.
5- Buddy’s Grin… Made a statement by making almost a five second improvement in last win.
- Billiam… Broke at 3-5 odds going all out for the lead. Deserves benefit of the doubt.
- Lady’s Lucky Sign… Draws a good inside post and hasn’t been beaten by much lately.
- Parked Onda Street… Notched his second win in last three starts but draws a tough post.
2- Abouttolosecontrol… Drops to bottom feeder condition and doesn’t have an excuse.
- Townline Roll On… Led for most of the way before packing it in. Coming into a big race.
- Mud On The Tires… Going back-n-forth between here and the Big M. Does better here.
- Delightful Five… Awoke to win last start at nice round odds. Offers value again.
8- Johnny Charisma… Wasn’t far off making his first start in a month. May catch the speed.
- Go Warrior Go… Tons the class and his last start was a step in the right direction.
- Lislight N… Often in contention and usually when he’s on or near the lead. Consider.
- Hope To Reign A… Big improvement before having his number taken down.
6- Chris Riley N… Powerful front end winner to end Fox Valley Gambler’s hold on this race.
- Anvilanunoit N… Tuned up for his return to this race fresh off a convincing win.
- Tattlers Top Gun… Has been one of the more profitable claims this season. Consider.
- Boo Bugg… Figures to tag along from here and pick up a slice of this at price.
1- Blue Apache… Threw a dud in last and want to give him the benefit of the doubt.
- Beau Rivage N… Good looking import has improved in each of his U.S. starts.
- Brown Bottle Flu… Three straight bridesmaid finishes and due to overtake a field.
- Coldheartedrevenge… Got back in the win column and steps up riding that momentum.
3- Rocket Dog… A big third quarter took its toll.
- Brian And Kellie… Last was dull but see how this barn has fared already on the card.
- Joe’s Honey… Finally won after we gave up on him. Earns a class hike and fits.
- Thesecolorsdontrun… Pops on the scene late and in a pretty good groove right now.
8- Ulookmattvelous… Looked sharp winning first start back after being lame. 3-for-5 life.
- Barchetta N… Back from the Big M where he was overmatched. Back on fave oval.
- Urbino Hanover… Up-n-comer sports a winning record locally. These are better.
- Edon Road Express… Wasn’t far off in last start. Should be on the scene late.
- Western Gambler… Chasing Lifestream Mindale and a chance to turn the tables.
- Lifestream Mindale… Notched sixth straight win last week against similar. One to beat.
- AC Excellent Buy… Sports a winning record and looks to fit well in here with the top two.
- RE Fare-Well… Inside speed should line up a pretty good trip and contend.
3- One Step More… Got pushed back. Should make amends at small price tonight.
- Trulyinconceivable… First-over on the half and didn’t like it. Bigger track helps cause.
- Capture The Magic… Bulled his way to a sharp win and now tackles a lot better.
- NJ’s Super Sport… Same trainer as the top pick and been due to break out.
- Mike In Motion… Drops below the original claiming tag and that may provide a spark.
- Grouchy Old Man… On a roll right now and the likely odds-on favorite.
- Escapewitoutatrace… Seeks third straight but facing a little bit better tonight.
- Bangkok Cruiser… Barn is in a positive cycle right now and so is he. Consider.
Best Play: BUDDYS GRIN 5th race
est Value: LOTTA VIKING 1st race
IC 4 KEYS (8-11): 5-6 with 1-4-5 with 3-5-6 with 4-6-8