Driver Patrick Hill took the driving honours when recording a double for his retained Hillside farms at a well attended Lisangle meet in Caheragh, Ireland on Sunday .
Both winners were bred by his father Pete who runs the Hillside Farms Stud in Leap . Hillside Dartanain kicked off for Hill in the Novice and grade 1 . This son of Make A Deal was sent to the front after a furlong and never looked in danger of defeat holding off the spirited challenge of Ringo Lady to win by a length.
Hill had to work harder on Hail Spartacus a half brother Hillside Dartanian . Talented man and Mr Security made the early running and were joined up front by IB Rapido .Entering the final three furlongs Hill cajoled Hail aspartacus to the front and held off the late run of IB Rapido.
Veteran driver John Boyle visited the winners circle again with supreme Sunshine who looks a decent type and will race in the handicap proper next time out. Millers Boy looked a winner but Boyle struck late to claim the victory.
Kieran Sheehy was seen at his best in the Grade 1. Judge John C set the early pace but after five furlongs went from last to first on The Hitman and caught the rest napping and never looked in danger winning by a comfortable four lengths on this son of Galiano.
Sheehy looked to have doubled his tally on the day in the grade 4 & 5 . Best Talent made the running and entering the last two furlongs surrendered the lead to the Sheehy driven Kestrels Dot Sammy who went two lengths clear but a renewed effort from Best Talent saw him get up on the line to win by a head .
Rhyds Destiny with Mike Kelleher in the bike took the top grade 5 – 12 . Miraculous Return and Cms Rapido exchanged blows early on but Rhyds Destiny was waiting on the wings and led with two furlongs to go and the four lengths winning margin flattered his five rivals.
Springhill Joseph often erratic got it right on the day leading off the gate and gave Mike Goggin an easy spin seeing off race favourite Myross Son by three lengths.
Inchadoney island host the All Ireland championships for the first time on Sunday 31st August .
Maiden & Novice
- J Boyle SUPREME SUNSHINE Owner
- S Brickley MILLERS BOY D Brickley
- M Goggin PLAY WITH THE ACES M Goggin Jnr
DIST 2l 4l TIME 2.45.5 SP EV 3/1 2/1
Novice & Grade 1
- Hillside Farms HILLSIDE DARTANIAN P Hill
- S & T O Reilly RINGO LADY T O Reilly
- Kelleher Bros MEADOWBRANCH KIKI M Kelleher
DIST 1l 2l TIME 2.42.7 SP 4/6 4/1 3/1
- J Hill THE HITMAN K Sheehy
- M Healy RHYDS COBBLER D Murphy
- M O Donovan JUDGE JOHN C Owner
DIST 4l 2l TIME 2.43.2 SP 5/2 5/2 6/1
Grade 2 & 3
- D O Callaghan SPRINGHILL JOSEPH M Goggin
- McCarthy/Twomey MYROSS SON M O Reilly
- O Farrell/Healy MEADOWBRANCH RAPPOS M Kelleher
DIST 3l 3l TIME 2.40.2 SP 5/1 4/7 5/2
Grade 3 & 4
- Hillside Farms HAIL SPARTACUS P Hill
- F Quill IB RAPIDO D Quill
- J O Donovan MR SECURITY Owner
DIST 2l 4l TIME 2.42.6 SP 4/6 4/1 4/1
Grade 4 & 5
- S Jennings BEST TALENT K Connolly
- K Sheehy KESTRELS DOT SAMMY Owner
- M O Brien LLYWNS ALLSTAR Owner
DIST 1/2l 2l TIME 2.39.3 SP 6/1 2/1 2/1
Grade 5 – 12
- Shanahan/Mycock/Hayes RHYDS DESTINY M Kelleher
- C & C Racing MIRACULOUS RETURN J Cross
- F Brickley RINGO KID D Brickley
DIST 4l 1l TIME 2.38.6 SP 4/9 6/1 3/1