Menangle given the all clear

12:06 PM 12 Apr 2014 NZST
Comment (...) Tweet Share Email Print
6548.jpg

Tabcorp Park Menangle is ready for racing.

The track was given a tick of approval this morning by local trainers as well as Harness Racing New South Wales chief steward Reid Sanders to resume racing tomorrow (Saturday) night.

Following last week’s setback, the track has been worked on continuously and veteran mentor Dennis Wilson can already notice the difference within the track.

“The track was beautiful this morning,” he said.

“It is more forgiving on the horses’ legs and they’ll still run the times because they will be comfortable.

“We’ve had a bit of rain overnight and on the old surface I would have had chunks of dirt flicked up at me and I had none of that today.”

Over eight millimetres of rain fell at Menangle on Thursday and NSW Harness Racing Club chief executive John Dumesny also pointed out that the old surface would have suffered from this.

“The drizzly rain we had yesterday and overnight would have caused us some concern with the former surface,” Dumesny said.

“Whilst we didn’t have the unprecedented rain that we had last week, we had a sustained period of rain on Thursday and the track handled it with ease.”

Some of the first horses to race on this revamped surface include Inter Dominion winner Beautide and placgetters Seel N Print and For A Reason who will go head-to-head in the Marsdens Law Group Pace (Race 7 at 8.45pm).

The bumper 10-race card, which also includes two Australian Pacing Gold heats as well as three heats for the Lands Legal Carousel, will start at 5.40pm.

For further information telephone NSWHRC Racing Manager David Wonson on 0438 398 251.

Courtesy of Harness Racing NSW

Comment (...) Tweet Share Email Print

Read More News About...

Stallion Name

Next article: