Panne de Moteur (5m Credit Winner-Jalopy-Donerail) won Saturday's Gr. II International UET Masters Series Frances Bulwark at Solvalla for Orjan Kihlstrom and trainer Stefan Hultman.
The winner scored in 1.12.8kr over 2140 meters autostart to earn 300,000SEK first money. He’s owned by public company Travkompaniets Stall AB (owner of international trotting star Maharajah) and improved his 2013 slate to 10 6-2-1 for seasonal earnings of 3,015,500SEK. Monster Drive was second and Perfectly Enough third in a good field that saw Kadett CD end fourth ahead of Harry Haythrow.
The Solvalla V75 undercard featured great racing, with winners of interest being:
- Fortune Again (4m Andover Hall-Fortune Again-American Winner), 1.14.5kr in Kat 2 event over 2140 meters autostart for 30,000SEK first prize. Johan Untersteiner drove for trainer Roger Walmann. He’s owned by ACL Stuteri and is now 11 5-3-0 for 207,200SEK this year
- Pirro Bi (4g Varenne-Erika Bi-Toss Out) 1.13.5kr winner in Kat 2 for 40,000SEK to the winner. Kihlstrom drove this one for owner Az Agr Biasuzzi of Italy
- Stormysky (5g Andover Hall-Not A Spacecase-Barbeque) a 112.7kr winner with Kihlstrom aboard in a Silver Final, 2140 meters autostart for 250,000SEK first money. Credit Fayline (7m Credit Winner-Fay Topline-My Nevele) landed second
- Queen’s Delight (4m Varenne-Dimbula-Victory Dream) captured a Klass I Final over 2140 meters for 200,000SEK to the winner. Bjorn Goop trains and drives the winner, timed in 1.12.6kr to improve the 2013 slate to 7 5-0-1 for 542,800SEK
- Beatasine (9f PJ Punjab-Hilarysine-Choctaw Brave) took the Giant Diablo fast class mares race over 1640 meters autostart. She scored for Peter Ingves in 1.10.6kr to increase her impressive 2013 year to 17 11-3-0 for 1,459,172SEK earned. US import Miss Sue V (second) and Italian mare Orsia (third) were close on the line, each timed same as the victor
- Junior Troy (4m Thai Tanic-Wired Sunrise-Wired Pine) took the Klass II final in 1.12.9kr for trainer/driver Bjorn Goop. He earned 200,000SEK first money for the score over 2140 meters autostart. He won the fifth time this year in 10 appearances
Sunday features a special V75 at Solvalla with another high-class card featuring the Kriterium, Oaks, their consolations and the Grand Prix de l’UET (Gr I International). Stay tuned!
by Thomas H. Hicks