The highlight of Balmorals meet is this Saturday with its Super Night. This is truly 'the night the stars come out' and features a fourteen race card, ALL of them stakes race.
Owners and trainers point there stock towards racing in this great night of harness action, purses available are over $1.5 million. This years event is sure to please all and most importantly the fans. All races are highly contested and big prices are sure to be had. Good luck to all and on to the picks.
The sixth race is The Ann Vonian Championship and is really a wide open pace. The morning line favorite is the ten, Free. I cannot see Free working her way to the winners circle from this post and a short price, Pass on Free. Bow Wow Wine closed from Iowa to win last weeks elimination and may get a fair pace to run at in this one. I believe this ones between two Ken Ruckers trainees. The nine, Bobs Minute Maid gained the lead in last weeks elimination only to lose it to the latter. My $50 will go on the four, Nanny Withafanny. Last week Nanny needed to work too hard to gain the top from post nine, this week Nanny moves inside and should be less stressed. Also, Tim Tetrick will be at the controls of Nanny Withafanny.
The eighth race is the Grandma Ann Championship. In this one Homer Hochstetler's Sportsfancy should get most of the play and is surely capable on the pace or off. Sportsfancy looked very good last week, however, I'll look to beat her. Faith Leigh lost to Sportsfancy as the favorite last week, however I am going to look to one of the other two Erv Miller trainees to get her picture taken. I like Kiss of Heaven, this filly was favored and lost to Trendy L last week. $50 says Kiss of Heaven gets the job done this week.
In the Orange and Blue Filly Championship, She's So Hot is the one to beat and the one I like. Dave Magee always seems to rise to the top on these type of Events, site the six wins on the Night of Champions. $50 on She's So Hot to win - hoping to get 3-5.
The last race on this exceptional card from Balmoral is the highlight for me, the Orange and Blue Championship. Tom Harmers black colt, Omaha Survivor looks like to favorite to me. Dave Magee is replaced in the bike by Tim Tetrick for this contest. Jolly Lester leaves from the outside today and was favored and won last weeks elimination. This puts Jolly Lester in the fray. Little Pedro looks to want to leave and hold on and I am hoping that will cause a tough pace battle with Omaha Survivor. Therefore, my play will be the nine, Chevie Classic Rod. Chevie has won nine of twelve contests in his short racing career and it looks as though Guhy specifically pointed to this contest for Chevie. Andy Miller is in the bike and I believe this horse is capable from coming off the pace and a well timed move by Andy gets the job done this evening. $50 to win on Chevie Classic Rod.
This is definitely the evening to get to your local OTB to catch Balmorals premiere event, Super Night. If you have not been to Balmoral live for this event, you may want to. It is truly and excellent event and exciting atomosphere. For your convenience, you can still purchase tickets for this event at your local OTB. No matter live or in your favorite seat at your favorite OTB, on this night you can't help but HAVE FUN, GET LUCKY, and WIN MONEY.
BOOKIE MAGEE'S BEST BETS FOR SUPERNIGHT
T BALMORAL SATURDAY, 15TH 2007
1st race The Su Mac Lad Championship $120,000
1- Oxford Brilliance: Maybe the big post shift will switch momentum his way tonight.
- Before He Cheats: Likely favorite to take it all off super elim win versus above.
- Mystical Banker: Second contender in here for trainer Simpson. Has come on strong.
- Vapor Maker: Been chasing the best all summer long. Can turn the tables.
2nd race The Lady Ann Reed Championship $100,000
5- Star Swagger: She's been a leader in this class all year long. Big post shift.
- Vapor Rises: Checks into this on a roll. Could be the one to beat off last two.
- JC Josie: Tough post but she's been a major player in this class all year long.
- Lovely Louann: New on local scene but made a statement downstate.
4- Mokey: Just missed landing the final of this. Gets the services of Tetrick tonight.
- Somebody Loves Me: Top colt stable has been a presence all year long with his stock.
- Incredible Love: Came back off the fair circuit with a vengeance. The wildcard.
- Party Paula: One of the early leaders in this class has tailed off a little bit.
6- Fox Valley Sarong: Wilted after a :27.3 third quarter. May get it done this time.
- Apache Trick: Loves it here and benefits from a big post shift tonight.
- Nowaytotreatalady: Was too far back on local scene for first time in a while.
- Makin' A Statement: Owns the upset speed. Just has to get up close in good shape.
4- Street Dancer: Not the mare she was earlier but can beat these at half throttle.
- Ms Maggie: She's tailed off a bit too but her best will challenge or beat the above.
- Carcano: Picks up Tetrick and gains an advantage in post position draw.
- Spectacular Cam: best rally brings close and a likely fast pace should suit.
6th race The Ann Vonian Championship $125,000
4- Nanny Withafanny: Encountered road trouble in her elim from the outside. Moves in.
0- Free: Made a big impression returning on the local scene for first time since purchased.
- Bobs Minute Maid: May have to come from last but they figure to go bonkers up top.
- Indy pendent Bay: Won her elim at 54-1 odds from off the pace. Flying late at price.
7- Mini Me: Not a fraction of the horse he used to be but can handle these any night.
- Fox Valley Snaffle: Likely favorite if not for the unfavorable post position.
- Looselipssinkships: A sub 50 winner at the Meadowlands earlier. Was even in elim.
- Brian And Kellie: Another former class horse trying hard to get his confidence back.
8th race The Grandma Ann Championship $174,000
7- Sportsfancy: Proved without a doubt she is the filly to beat in this spot.
- Faith Leigh: Wasn't at her best and will get another crack at the above. Draws inside.
- Kiss Of Heaven: Brought home two trophies in ICF championships downstate.
- Past The Evidence: Coming into a race and looms as the wildcard from the rail.
7- King Of Kings: Didn't land the final as the odds on choice. Makes amends.
- Big John C: Same trainer as the above and suffered the same fate. Fine chance.
- Aint No Hearsay: Has come on strong and a little fresher than the top pair.
- Too Much Pepper: Late bloomer could surprise with an anticipated inside trip.
10th race The Orange & Blue Filly Championship $260,000
5- She's So Hot: Had her win streak snapped last week and it out to avenge her title.
- Kelly's Keepsake: Finished second ahead of the above and inside of her again.
- Biding My Time: Has come onto the scene late in the season and coming off a win.
- Westside Gritty: Beatem' all last week off a trip. Works harder for encore.
4- Glass Pack: Was the early favorite to win this stake but failed to land the final.
- Booze Cruzin: Worked hard to get to the top and just simply ran out of gas.
- Vapor In The Wind: Perfect in three life starts and faces toughest challenge to date.
- Big Puff Doggie: has the most experience and seems to be peaking at right time.
12th race The Dan Patch Championship $125,000
3- Thisbigdogwilfight: Looks to make this his 12th win of the season. Been awesome.
- King Johnny: Dropped a photo after a tough trip. Obviously can go with these.
- My Boy David: Not the championship season of last year but he's a major player.
- Coleheartedrevenge: Can't ignore him. If the speed fails he'll be on the scene late.
13th race The Pete Langley Memorial Championship $170,000
8- Saratoga John: E. Miller has a shot to take home the top three places in this race.
- Gotta Go Moe: Been first or second in 8 out of 10 this year for aforementioned barn.
- All Is Saidanddone: Comes off a narrow loss and has speed to go all the way.
- Kings Road: Checks in off back-to-back wins. May leave for position.
14th race The Orange & Blue Colt/Gelding Championship $270,000
3- Omaha Survivor: Looks like Harmer may have another champion in the making.
- Chevie Classic Rod: A virtually unknown up until the downstate fairs. Won elim.
0- Jolly Lester: Barn has a knack for producing winners in this stake. Razor sharp.
- Froggy Turner: Same trainer as above but only this time doesn't draw as well.
Best Play: MOKEY 3rd race Best Value: OXFORD BRILLIANCE 1st race
IC 4 (8-11): 3-7 with 4-7-8 with 1-3-5 with 4-6-8