Hryhorec hits them for six over long weekend.
Ryan Hryhorec finished the long weekends racing on Monday at Betezy park Globe Derby with a treble to give him six winners for the long weekend.
Hryhorec started with a double at Port Pirie on Friday night with the Les Piper trained pair Spoilthepartyartie and My Southerncomfort then drove the Barry Preston trained square gaiter Siegfried to a 12 meter victory on Saturday night at headquarters.
He then put the icing on the weekend with three at Globe Derby Monday Dixie Wagon scored in a photo in the trotters handicap Hryhorec made it a race to race double with Cullen Guest and later in the day scored with the Matt Mcguire trained Alongthehighway who notched her 3 win this season.
BOTRA launches Christmas Raffle at Globe Derby Markets.
SA BOTRA took the opportunity to fundraise to patrons outside of harness racing when they launched their Christmas raffle at the Sundays monthly market held in the old bookmakers ring at Globe Derby. The wheelbarrow full of goodies containing everything from Wines to 20kg bag of Dog food was on show and a $2 per ticket it was popular amongst market goers. BOTRA also ran their famous BBQ at the market which will be held once a month at headquarters.
SAMOS series launched
The South Australian Mares Owner’s Scheme (SAMOS) continues to be an important part of the state’s breeding. Enhancements to SAMOS introduced last season, will continue in the 2013-14 season. The majority of the studs have continued to support the scheme, with new Studs or Stallion Management Company’s being Bred in the Blue, Majestic Lodge and Yirribee Pacing Stud. The full list of SAMOS supporters is included.
A reminder of the changes that will continue this season:
• A mare can now win up to 4 certificates, but must race into a third year to earn them. She can win 2 in her first 12 months and then 1 in 2 subsequent 12 month periods.
• There is now a restriction on interstate owned mares. To be eligible to earn a certificate, the mare must have been trained in an SA stable at least 28 days prior to the race.
• It is now listed in the conditions that broodmare owners must advise the studs up front if using a certificate/s. Failure to do so may void any agreement made with the Stud.
• HRSA has already negotiated with participating studs a 20% discount on the face value of the certificates.
• The Certificates will have an expiry date of 5 years after date of issue.
• Certificates can now be won on a race at any TAB covered meeting in SA.
• Certificates Mares that had already won 3 certificates prior to 2012-13 are eligible to win additional certificates as per the conditions.
This season SAMOS is supported by Alabar Farms, Global Stallion Management, Alderbaren Park, Bred In The Blue stallion management, Eldarin Park, Empire Stallions, Goodtime Lodge, Lochend Stud, Londdon Valley Stud and New Zealand’s Nevele R Stud plus three local studs Skyline who stand Tiger Woods, Majestic Lodge who will stand first season sire Alzano by Presidential Ball and Tranquil Valley Stud who stand the Artsplace stallion Hearts Space.