The Gr. I UET Masters Series International Prix St. Michel AJO is set for Sunday at Mikkeli (Finland).
The scratch of Joke Face reduces the field to seven in this one mile test for a purse of €140,000.
Prussia (by Ken Warkentin) and Pietro Gubellini have won here before in 2013 (the Prix d’Etain Royal) over the fast track where Varenne holds the record of 1.09.3kr set in 2002. Gubellini won this event last year with Owens Club. Jorma Kontio will pilot one of the favorites, Monster Drive, and other potential leading competitors include the Mika Forss teamed Reven d’Amour (by Revenue) and Beer Summit to be handled by Ulf Ohlsson.
Sunday, July 20 - Mikkeli
Off time15:50 - St-Michel Ajo
€140,000 purse - 1609 meters autostart
1. Joke Face - scratched
2. Monster Drive, 8m Thai Tanic-Kewpie-Pearsall Hanover (Jorma Kontio)
3. Prussia, 5f Ken Warkentin-Elvezia-Pine Chip (Pietro Gubellini)
4. Surprise Lord, 8m Classic Response-Beauty Bro-Arnaquer (Iikka Nurmonen)
5. She Loves You, 7f Love You-SJ’s Shad Roe-SJ’s Photo (Seppo Markkula)
6. Frido Super, 6m Love You-Empress Kemp-Super Bowl (Markku Nieminen)
7. Reven d'Amour, 9m Revenue-Melody d’Amour-Super Arnie (Mika Forss)
8. Beer Summit, 5m Cantab Hall-Prime Mistress-Super Bowl (Ulf Ohlsson)
by Thomas H. Hicks, for Harnesslink.com