Due to the unprecedented rain which has been encountered during the total resurfacing of the track at Tabcorp Park Menangle the meeting set for tomorrow night has been transferred to the Newcastle International Paceway.
The decision taken by the NSWHRC was made in the overall interest of all participants.
“This was a difficult decision for the Club however the circumstances of the weather were beyond our control” said Chief Executive John Dumesny.
“The easy decision was to simply abandon the meeting”
“We acknowledge participants will be inconvenienced by this transfer and humbly apologise .”
“Part of the decision was based on the fact that there had been no metropolitan prizemoney on offer last week and there was $148,000 in prizemoney to be distributed for this meeting”
“After the weather turned nasty last night and continued this morning the transfer was acted upon early to assist participants with their own personal decisions.”
“Our contractors could not guarantee they would finish the track works without 24 daylight hours unless we would guarantee perfect conditions.”
“That was beyond the realms of possibility taking into consideration the forecast weather over the next few days.
The Club due to the weather forecast for the weekend has also made the decision to transfer the Monday and Tuesday race meetings to Penrith.
For further information contact Chief Executive John Dumesny on 02 4645 2200.