On Thursday (August 14) 10 local charities participated in the 2nd Annual OHHA and Scioto Downs Harness Racing Charity Night at the races.
Scioto Downs and The OHHA invited 10 local charities to participate in a charity race where the charities would draw for horses in the 7th race on the program.
The 10 charities included the ALS Association, The Alzheimers Association, The American Cancer Society, The American Red Cross, The Arthritis Foundation, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, The Central Ohio Parkinson Society, The Ronald McDonald House, The 4-H Youth Development Organization and Children's Hunger Alliance.
Each charity had the opportunity to earn the purse distribution on the selected race. The winner would receive $5,000, second would receive $2,500, third would receive $1,200, fourth would receive $800.00, fifth place would receive $500.00 and the remaining sixth through tenth finishers receive $500.00.
Scioto Downs had a faux draw to assign the charities post positions and horses that would race for their charity. The post positions were as follows:
1. Darth Quaider- Central Ohio Parkinson Society
2. Pow Chicka Pow Pow- The Ronald McDonald House
3. Cyclops- The American Cancer Society
4. CC Big Boy Sam- The Arthritis Foundation
5. Milliron Pete- American Red Cross
6. Phantom Flasher- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
7. He's Got It- Children's Hunger Alliance
8. Giddy Up Binks- Alzheimers Association
9. Forever Kissed- 4-H Youth Development Organization
10. Raz Ma Taz- ALS Association
Forever Kissed andcrossed the wire first in a career best, 1:54 to earn $5,000 for the 4-H Youth Development Organization. CC Big Boy Sam was second, Cyclops and rallied for third, Giddy Up Binks was fourth and He's Got It came on late for fifth.
All charities received a $500.00 bonus donation on behalf of Scioto Downs, giving each charity at least, a total donation of $1,000.00.
Racing resumes Friday (August 15) post time is 6:30 p.m.
From Scioto Downs Racino